I am a fan of Daiso! It is affordable and there are many gems you can unearth! Daiso has a huge range of beauty and skincare products. One of the interesting items I recently came across when I was shopping at Daiso was this:
This is how it works. You take a mask capsule and pop it into the tray provided. After that, pour your own lotions into it. Once the capsule has fully absorbed the lotions, it will expand and you’re ready to go!
As you can see, as it absorbs the lotion you poured, it will start to expand. If you feel that you would like it to be wetter, you can pour more lotion in.
I had to hold onto the mask as I was sitting up with a strong turbo fan blowing at my face and my mask was threatening to fly away.
I created my own concoction of moisturising goodness using YSL Serum, The Body Shop Drops of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum and The Body Shop Drops of Light Pure Translucency Essence Lotion
- Affordable – the package costs $2, you get 10 masks, so 1 mask only costs 20 cents!
- You can customize the masks – like you can choose the lotions you wish to put into the mask. There is no limit, so your mask will be unique and customized to your liking.
- The mask is sturdy and it absorbs the lotion well.
- Because you have 10 pieces, you can mix and match different lotions to create different masks.
- There is a tray included for you to pour your lotion and soak your masks in.
- There is a plastic cover to protect your masks from dirt and bacteria.
- The size of the mask is quite small – since it does not cover my face fully.
- The mask was relatively dry – not sure if it was due to the lotions I used.
- The mask wasn’t easy to open up after it expanded, so you need to be careful and not tug it too hard in case it tears.
I think this mask concept is very interesting. I like the idea that I can customize my mask to my liking – I can use put my entire skincare routine into this mask (minus the cream). I only find that the mask is dry – maybe it is the lotion that I use.
Overall I love that I have 10 pieces to try and it is very affordable. You can have 10 pampering sessions – or even have a girls’ night out with your girlfriends. All girls love masks, don’t we? I hoard a lot of Korean mask because they have a huge range of masks – every Korean brand has its own range of masks. Plus they have lots of skincare properties – I believe the most popular masks are the moisture range.
I have another set of Daiso DIY masks that I bought together with this pack. I will try them out and do a mini review on my social media. It is the same concept, so I hope they’re just as good. But this time, I am going to try it with a more watery lotion.
***/5 Stars (This is worth a try)
Share with me how will you customize your masks – what will you add in? Also, please share with me your favorite brand of masks and the range you love to use!
Create your own masks and have fun doing it! XOXO
Full Time Daydreamer. Makeup junkie
I enjoy watching beauty videos on Youtube. It helped me to learn the basis on makeup.
I am a thrill seeker, and I enjoy roller coaster rides. I love history and would try to visit the museums once in a while.
In my free time, I enjoy photography (not professionally), scrapbooking, playing with make up.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Review: INTEGRATE Gel Liner(Limited Edition Snow White Series) - March 25, 2019
- Review: Flower Knows Rococo Cat 花知晓猫猫舞会四色眼影 - March 18, 2019
- Holiday Collection: Belif merry merry moisturizers - December 17, 2018