Flower Knows is a makeup line created by 2 popular cosplayer Hana & Baozi. I first got to know Hana & Baozi as they make regular appearance for our annual Anime Festival Asia (AFA). I came across the post on AFA Facebook page that they are selling their makeup line during AFA 2018 and I was rather intrigued to check out their collection.
Thanks to my sister who has a Taobao account, I bought a few of their collection and I am sharing on my thoughts on 1 of the items I bought. Do look out for a few more post in the coming week for more products from them.
This was 1 of my choice because come on, the packaging is so darn cute. Kitties in aristocrats outfit. :) The one I bought was Katherine and Anthony. I had wanted to get all 4 colors but my sister stopped me and knocked some sense into me that I should get 1 or 2 to try before getting more.
The reason why I choose Anthony as this colors were more pink shades. it has a mix of matte and shimmer eyeshadow – so you are more or less covered.
I would usually apply the top left pink shimmer eyeshadow up to the crease of my eyelid, then I would use the matte orange (bottom right) at the end of my eye to create a more “smokey” look. Then I would do a black winged eyeliner to make my eyes more 3D. and my double eyelid is created.
These are the color swatches against my skin tone.
What I like about the product
- Packaging is pretty adorable.
- For a price of 75yuan (~SGD$15), you get a choice of 2 shimmer and 2 matte complimentary colors. it is really helpful especially for amateurs makeup user.
- It is pretty compact and flat so it makes it more convenient to travel with.
What I dislike about this product
- The color transfer from my brush to my eyes is pretty meh. Especially for the matte colors – it takes at least 3 application for the color to show. (you can see from the swatch above.)
- The fall out is quite bad, after dipping my brush in it a few times, my vanity is quite a mess.
- The shimmer shadow is really pretty but the shimmer is pretty chunky and you need to be careful not to apply too much onto the brush. I tried it last week and I had a hard time blending the shimmer across my eyelid.
- The packaging is cute but feels like thick cardboard – which makes it pretty cheap. If you are intending to bring it overseas, I would recommend to put it in a ziplock bag as I feel it will disintegrate if it is caught in the rain.
- there is no brush provided so you will need to use your fingers for application or have your own eye-shadow brush.
Overall, I do not really recommend this product because I do not think the application is easy as it is harder to blend out. The color payout and pigmentation is really lacking. however, if you are a fan of Hana & Baozi and want to support them, it is still a memorabilia to collect as the packaging is pretty nice.
Full Time Daydreamer. Makeup junkie
I enjoy watching beauty videos on Youtube. It helped me to learn the basis on makeup.
I am a thrill seeker, and I enjoy roller coaster rides. I love history and would try to visit the museums once in a while.
In my free time, I enjoy photography (not professionally), scrapbooking, playing with make up.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Review: INTEGRATE Gel Liner(Limited Edition Snow White Series) - March 25, 2019
- Review: Flower Knows Rococo Cat 花知晓猫猫舞会四色眼影 - March 18, 2019
- Holiday Collection: Belif merry merry moisturizers - December 17, 2018